MedTech is one of the fastest growing segments of the life sciences industry, with $465B in worldwide sales in 2019, that is expected to grow to $602B by 2024. MedTech is also one of the fastest growing segments of our customer base at Model N and were delighted to welcome many of our MedTech users to our Rainmaker LIVE virtual event last month. While many of you were able to join us online for the live event, we wanted to make sure we captured the highlights and made the recordings available for those who missed it or may want a recap.
The MedTech sessions at Rainmaker LIVE were designed to give attendees an inside look at our product direction and upcoming enhancements, to offer our technical expertise and training to customers, and to provide compelling content that inspires our customers to innovate on our platform while addressing current and expected future trends in the industry. Highlights of the MedTech agenda at Rainmaker LIVE included:
- RainmakerP Life Sciences. The RainmakerP sessions gave MedTech leaders an opportunity to glimpse inside our product development organization, with a look at planned new functionality for the coming years, as well as brainstorming about future ways we can make our customers more efficient and productive. Please contact your customer success manager or account team for information about these sessions.
- Model N University. This year, Model N offered complimentary Model N University sessions specific to the Powered by N and Flex platforms for life sciences as part of the Rainmaker agenda. These sold out interactive sessions offered tips and tricks for both new and accomplished users to grow their skills and mastery. A complete list of Model N University courses can be found here, and please feel free to contact your customer success manager or account team about opportunities to access future Model N University sessions.
- Opening and Product Keynotes. The keynotes are always a highlight at Rainmaker, and this year’s speakers did not disappoint! Check out the opening keynote to get the latest from Model N’s CEO Jason Blessing on the changes and investments we’re making in 2020 to improve our products and serve our customers better. The product keynote is also worth tuning in for, as Model N’s Chief Product Officer Suresh Kannan provides the details on what was delivered in 2019, and what’s coming to the Model N cloud in 2020.
- Life Sciences General Session. The life sciences general session features a stimulating conversation with leaders from Model N alongside influential thought leaders from across the industry. Model N speakers included Melonie Warfel, Model N General Manager of Life Sciences, and Jesse Mendelsohn, who runs Model N’s Center of Excellence. Additional speakers representing the regulatory, customer and legal points of view, respectively, including John O’Brien, former HHS Advisor and Managing Partner of JMOB Associates, Odalys Caprisecca, Executive Director at AstraZeneca, and John D. Shakow, Partner at King & Spaulding.
- Comply to Succeed: Making Compliance Pay. This dynamic session features Connie Egleston, Commercial Manager at ICU Medical, and Karl Ramas, Principal at IQVIA, for a discussion about how to leverage contract and regulatory compliance to grow the business and drive profits. Learn how Model N MedTech users are leveraging data and processes from compliance practices to improve efficiency and find opportunities to reduce revenue leakage.
- Global Commercial Excellence for Medtech: An Integrated Approach. Join Thomas Weckman, Global Director of Sales Force Effectiveness at Mölnlycke and Peter Zimmerman, Model N’s EMEA customer success leader, for a lively conversation about global pricing, contracting and tender management. Mölnlycke is an early adopter of Model N’s Global Commercial Excellence solution, a new approach to front and back office integration that drives efficiency and performance for MedTech companies. Learn about the best practices and lessons learned from this early adopter’s implementation as well as the benefits and business value from the new solution.
While we are disappointed that we didn’t meet you in person at Rainmaker this year, we hope you will take advantage of the Rainmaker LIVE content, and we’re looking forward to meeting you in person next year! For the full list of available sessions and the link to the replay, please visit us here. These sessions are meant to drive innovation and provide you with the tools needed to make the most of the Model N platform in your organization. Let your customer success representative or account team know if you have any questions or ideas to share, or reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you!