Worldwide prescription drug sales reached $843B in 2019, and growth is accelerating with the market expected to grow at a 6% annual CAGR over the next five years. Yet despite the promise of growth, the pharmaceutical industry is also at a turning point, with issues like price transparency, downward pricing pressure, government pricing, patent expirations and growing tender activity adding to the complexity of the challenge faced by manufacturers. Model N’s Rainmaker LIVE agenda for pharma attendees featured many sessions directed at these regulatory and administrative challenges, and the best practices for leveraging Model N technology to add efficiency and reduce revenue leakage. We wanted to make sure we captured this valuable information and made the recordings available for those who missed it or those who may want a recap.
The pharma industry sessions at Rainmaker LIVE were designed to give attendees an inside look at our product direction and upcoming enhancements, to offer our technical expertise and training to customers, and to provide compelling content that inspires our customers to innovate on our platform while addressing current and expected future trends in the industry. Highlights of the pharma agenda at Rainmaker LIVE included:
- RainmakerP Life Sciences. The RainmakerP sessions gave pharma industry leaders an opportunity to glimpse inside our product development organization, with a look at planned new functionality for the coming years, as well as brainstorming about future ways we can make our customers more efficient and productive. Please contact your customer success manager or account team for information about these sessions.
- Model N University. This year, Model N offered complimentary Model N University sessions specific to the Powered by N and Flex platforms for life sciences as part of the Rainmaker agenda. These sold out interactive sessions offered tips and tricks for both new and accomplished users to grow their skills and mastery. A complete list of Model N University courses can be found here, and please feel free to contact your customer success manager or account team about opportunities to access future Model N University sessions.
- Opening and Product Keynotes. The keynotes are always a highlight at Rainmaker, and this year’s speakers did not disappoint! Check out the opening keynote to get the latest from Model N’s CEO Jason Blessing on the changes and investments we’re making in 2020 to improve our products and serve our customers better. The product keynote is also worth tuning in for, as Model N’s Chief Product Officer Suresh Kannan dives into the details of the enhancements that were delivered in 2019, and what’s coming to the Model N cloud in 2020.
- Life Sciences General Session. The life sciences general session features a stimulating conversation with leaders from Model N, as well as thought leaders from the industry. Model N speakers included Melonie Warfel, Model N General Manager of Life Sciences, and Jesse Mendelsohn, who runs Model N’s Center of Excellence. Additional speakers representing the regulatory, customer and legal points of view, respectively, included John O’Brien, former HHS Advisor and Managing Partner of JMOB Associates, Odalys Caprisecca, Executive Director at AstraZeneca, and John Shakow, Partner at King & Spaulding.
- The Legal View. In this session, leading legal expert John Shakow takes the stage for a 2nd time to go deeper into his viewpoint on the latest changes and developments affecting drug pricing, price reporting and government payer compliance. John D. Shakow is a leading attorney and thought leader, specializing in complex regulatory, commercial and litigation issues affecting pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
- Do You Have Your Walking Shoes On? Update on the March to Price Transparency. Price transparency continues to be a call to action for manufacturers as we all await new regulations after several false starts. Hear from John M. O’Brien, MPH, PharmD, as he gives his take on past, current and future developments, both on the regulatory front and in industry, on the push for price transparency. John served HHS as Senior Advisor to the Secretary for Drug Pricing Reform and now offers his services as Managing Partner of JMOB Associates. This presentation offers unparalleled insight into the content of pending legislation on drug pricing reform, as well as practical advice for manufacturers facing the call for price transparency.
- Making Value Based Contracting Work. Value-based contracting has become a requirement for pharma and biopharma manufacturers in the U.S. and globally, who want to compete effectively for market share and access. This session features two leading experts on the topic, Omar Ali, Head of Payers at Verpora, and Odalys Caprisecca, Executive Director of Pricing at AstraZeneca. Listen in as they discuss the latest trends in value-based contracting as well as the approaches and proven strategies that can help manufacturers compete more effectively and profitably on value.
While we are disappointed that we didn’t meet you in person at Rainmaker this year, we hope you will enjoy the Rainmaker LIVE content. For the full list of available sessions and the link to the replay, please visit us here. These sessions are meant to drive innovation and provide you with the tools needed to make the most of the Model N platform in your organization. Let your customer success representative or account team know if you have any questions or ideas to share, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you!