Latest Release of Model N High Tech Revenue Management Suite Adds Powerful Channel Management Capabilities
Responding to Industry Demand, Release 8.3 Will Help Manufacturers Gain More Value from Channel Business
REDWOOD SHORES, CA – July 10, 2012 – Model N, Inc., the leader in Revenue Management solutions, today announced groundbreaking new functionality in the upcoming Release 8.3 of its industry-leading High Tech Revenue Management Suite. Available later this summer, the release will add powerful channel inventory management and POS reconciliation capabilities enabling manufacturers to eliminate channel credit overpayments, lower audit costs, improve revenue recognition accuracy, and streamline financial processes.
Release 8.3 Highlights
Model N Release 8.3 allows High Tech companies to manage the end-to-end channel inventory process. Enhancements include:
- Channel-reported inventory management capabilities for enhanced file handling, audit history, and multi-currency support
- Inventory reconciliation to automate comparing channel-reported- inventory to actual inventory on hand and to support user-driven inventory adjustments
- POS/claims validation against inventory to tie claims back to the original inventory acquisition cost, resulting in accurate claims payments
Release 8.3 adds powerful new functionality across the suite to support business needs of the High Tech industry, including:
- POS validation against quote to automate POS validation from distributors that are not on a ship and debit program, ensuring that agreed pricing is enforced
- Special-buy distributor quotes to identify and track distributor ‘broken-cost’ purchases and to prevent unwarranted debits
- Duplicate opportunity and registration tracking to identify duplicate opportunities or registrations by suggesting potential matches
- Commissions credit/rebill capability to provide full audit controls for proper financial accounting
In addition, Release 8.3 delivers important usability enhancements for a more streamlined user experience.
“Release 8.3 addresses some of the most significant business challenges faced by high tech manufacturers that rely on channel business,” said Lawrence Whittle, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Model N. “By redefining industry-standard best practices for High Tech channel management, Release 8.3 will help manufacturers realize more value from their channel business.”
About Model N
Model N leverages its deep industry expertise and best practices, highly configurable applications and comprehensive services to support Life Sciences and High Tech organizations on premise or in the cloud. Customers include: Amgen; Atmel Corp.; Boston Scientific Corp.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Cypress Semiconductor; Dell; Hospira; Merck; Microchip Technology Inc.; Nokia; Novartis; Novo Nordisk; Johnson & Johnson, Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.; and STMicroelectronics. Whether you are an emerging business or a global leader, Model N results in revenue. www.modeln.com
Model N is a mark of Model N, Inc. All other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.